- November 19 Last Day of the First Trimester
- Parent Conferences November 21, 22, 25 & 26th
- Noon Dismissal November 21, 22, 25 & 26th
- Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) On-Site Applications
- Shop with Scrip - Order form due by Friday, December 13
- Barnes & Noble Bookfair December 6th from 3-8 pm
- RedBrick Pizza Fundraiser, December 6th, 11:00 am - 9:30 pm
- OLA Parish & School 5K & 1K Fun Run Flyer
OLA Collection for Parish Food Baskets - Thank you to all OLA families for helping Student Council exceed their goal of collecting food items. We collect 264 food items.
OLA Toy Drive- OLA led by our Student Council is partnering with St. Vincent de Paul to collect toys for children in our area. Our kick-off event will be to fill Mrs. Baloyo’s truck on Friday, November 22.
Movie Night Update: We have moved Movie Night to Friday, January 10. Tickets are available. If you need the ticket and food order form they are available in the school office.
See’s Candies Winter 2019 Fundraiser - Reminder that See’s Sinter 2019 fundraiser is still in progress! These delicious candy options make wonderful holiday gifts for family members, friends, co-workers, etc., or they can just be a sweet treat for your own family!
The sales period ends on Tuesday 12/3 and the order forms and money are due on or before Wednesday 12/4. If you have any questions please contact Amber McCalister at (805)320-5911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CEF- Catholic Educational Foundation
Cycle 1 -Special 8th Grade Award On-Site Process Announcement
Parents of 8th-grade students considering enrollment in a Catholic High School. Your students are considered to be in Cycle 1. Cycle 1 students will once again have the opportunity to meet with CEF Representatives as do their Cycle 2 & Cycle 3 counterparts.
A Cycle 1 student who would like to participate in the On-Site Process can contact the High School of their choice to set up an appointment to meet with CEF representatives. The Cycle 1 & 2 High School tuition award on-site appointments will begin on October 21st and will run through December 11th, 2019. Here are the CEF High School On-site application process dates:
- St. Bonaventure High School on November 20, 2019, from 12:00 pm till 2:00 pm
- Santa Clara High School on November 20, 2019, from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm
Dolphin Sports Corner:
Cross Country Elementary- We had an amazing elementary cross country team final.
OLA Elementary Girls team took First place! Five of our girls placed in the top 10:
- Madeline Abbott (5th grade) - 2nd place overall.
- Ella Bart (4th grade) - 3rd place overall.
- Hannah Von Gunten -(5th grade) - 4th place overall
- Brook fisher - (5th grade) - 9th place overall
- Lucie Intenzo (5th grade) -= 10th place overall
OLA Elementary Boys team took First place! Five of our boys places in the t0p 10:
- Colby Reeder (5th grade)- First place overall
- Hawkens Darrah(5th grade ) 3rd place overall
- Evan Barker(4th grade) - 4th place overall
- Alex DeBoer (5th grade) - 5th place overall
- Taj Fritch(5th grade)-9th place overall
Cross Country Middle School - OLA’s Middle School Cross Country season ended last Friday. Great first season.
Flag Football- Congratulations to the players and coaches for our win in the semifinal game yesterday! We will be playing for the championship on Wednesday, November 20 here at 3:30. Come out and support our Dolphins!
Volleyball - Congratulations to the girls for placing second in the league, just behind Sacred Heart.
Playoffs will begin today here against St. Mary Magdalen School at 3:30 on our school court.
Lunch Helpers Needed: Parents, we can use your assistance every day with lunchtime supervision (12 noon until 12:45 pm). The school staff supervise the lunch tables and play areas, but we can use additional helpers. It’s a fun way to spend some time with your children and assist us too. Consider coming at lunch any full school day. Simply sign in by the office, pick up a Lunch Helpers Guide, wear a name tag, and check-in with Karen for directions. Each 45 minute lunch period you are here earns you one parent hours. We ask that all parents assisting at lunch or in a classroom take the Virtus Protecting God’s children class offered by the parish.
OLA Front Gate: Please remember to make sure the gate closes behind you. If you are entering or exiting the gate is to be closed at all times. Thank you for keeping us safe.
Protecting God’s children is the initial VIRTUS training session required for adults who come into contact with children in their ministries. The program covers the requirements for an effective prevention program. The training is good for four years. We ask that all school volunteers take the training. For questions, call Dea Boehme at (805) 390-1260. It is also recommended that parent volunteers be Livescanned for the school.
Virtus-Protecting God’s Children
Virtus - Keeping the Promise Alive - Recertification
- Wednesday, November 20th at 6 pm - Santa Cruz Room
- Saturday, January 25th Fingerprinting 10 am - Santa Cruz Room
- Saturday, April 25th Fingerprinting 10 am - Santa Cruz Room
The school website at www.olaventura.org has the complete calendar, general school news, and posts from the teacher and principal.
Contents of the weekly envelope:
Barnes & Noble Bookfair Save the Date Flyer
Christmas Scrip Order Forms
OLA Parish & School 5K & 1K Fun Run Flyer, Information Letter, and Sponsorship Info.