New Year’s Prayer:
Our lives are made of days and nights, seasons and years, for we are part of a universe of suns and moons and planets. We mark ends and we make beginnings and, in all, we praise God for the grace and mercy that fill our days. Remember us, O God; from age to age be our comforter. You have given us the wonder of time, blessings in days and nights, seasons and years. Bless your children at the turning of the year and fill the months ahead with the bright hope that is ours in the coming of Christ.
You are our God, living and reigning, forever and ever.
- Movie Night! Movie Night January 10th... gates open at 4 pm
- Volunteers Needed for OLA Church Nursery Ministry
- The Habit Fundraiser on January 15, 2020
- Save the Date: The In & Out Van is coming to our school on January 31. Order forms going home today.
- OLA Church Shredding Event January 25th from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm in the OLA Parking Lot.
Urgently Needed - We need to borrow a gas grill on Friday for movie night. We will replenish the tank. If any can help us please contact the office. Thank you!
OLA Front Gate: Please remember to make sure the gate closes behind you. If you are entering or exiting the gate is to be closed at all times. Thank you for keeping us safe.
Movie Night Update: OLA Movie Night featuring “Inside Out” is this Friday, January 10. Gates will open at 4:00 pm and the movie will start at 5:30 pm. Night of admission and meal purchase (hamburgers and hot dogs only) are still available in the school office as well as the night of. A reminder that only low-lawn chairs with low-backs should be used and make sure to bring a lawn blanket. Volunteers are needed and a great way to get your parent hours! Volunteers should meet at the Snack Shack starting at 2:00 pm through the end of the event for sign-in and job assignments. We look forward to a fun night under the stars! Questions, please contact Jill Capra at email@example.com.
OLA Church Volunteers Needed- We need adult and high school students volunteers to help in the church nursery, which provides care for children ages 6 months - 56 years during the 9:30 am Mass on Sundays.
- Each volunteer typically serves one 1 -2 shifts per month period
- Bi-weekly, monthly, and substitute positions are available.
- Service hours are available for students.
- Adult volunteers must complete VIRTUS - Protecting God’s Children training and be fingerprinted through the diocese. Both are provided through the Parish.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Richelle Bart at (805) 642-7966 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Protecting God’s children is the initial VIRTUS training session required for adults who come into contact with children in their ministries. The program covers the requirements for an effective prevention program. The training is good for four years. We ask that all school volunteers take the training. For questions, call Dea Boehme at (805) 390-1260. It is also recommended that parent volunteers be Livescanned for the school.
Virtus-Protecting God’s Children
Virtus - Keeping the Promise Alive - Recertification
- New dates to be announced soon for January 2020.
- Saturday, January 25th Fingerprinting 10 am - Santa Cruz Room
- Saturday, April 25th Fingerprinting 10 am - Santa Cruz Room
The school website at www.olaventura.org has the complete calendar, general school news, and posts from the teacher and principal.
Contents of the weekly envelope:
Principal’s New-Notes In & Out Order Form OLA Shredding Event Flyer