My glorious Lord, You brought forth good from all things. Even the grave evil of Your betrayal was transformed into a manifestation of Your glory. I offer to You, dear Lord, all that I endure in life and pray that You will be glorified in all things and that my life will continually become a manifestation of the glory due to Your holy name. Jesus, I trust in You.
OLA Auction Raffle
The OLA “Spring is in the Air” Auction Raffle is in full swing! This past week, we collected $12,520!! That is an amazing start, but we are still $17,480 away from our goal of $30K, so we need every family’s support! Keep selling those raffle tickets! The sale ends at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, April 28th.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Each family is required to sell a minimum of 10 tickets, but we encourage you to sell more! The more money we raise, the more our students benefit!!
- Each family who sells 20 (or more) raffle tickets earns at least one tuition voucher entry.
- The more tickets your family sells, the more prizes your children will earn, and the more chances you have to earn free or discounted tuition for next school year!
- If we meet our school-wide goal of $30,000, the entire school will receive a Kona Ice Party AND Ms. Fussell & Mrs. McReynolds will do a hilarious “Principal and Vice-Principal Stunt” that the students get to choose!
Huge congratulations to the students & families who earned the BONUS!! They sold at least 20 tickets in the first week of the raffle sale!! These families earned 5 bonus entries for the tuition raffle AND the students will earn a special Free Dress Day on a date to be announced soon!
Alatorre, Archibeque, Azhar, Bamieh, Barker, Benton, Browning, Buck, Buehner, Burns (Penelope, Thomas & Andrew), Burns (Cherise), Carbajal, Caron (Brenna), Cerezo, Colitti, Corral, Crane, Devericks, Devillers, Duddy, Dufau, Felts, Fischer, Galbraith-Albutt, Garcia, Garfias, Granieri, Hayashi, Hood, Hornbuckle, Intenzo, Janis, Johnson, Masterson, McCalister, McReynolds, Meter, Minoui, Molfetta, Morris, Nguyen, Noble, Panza, Pound, Roark, Root, S’Gro, Salazar, Sassen, Shura, Sloan, Smithson, Starna, Tarantino, Thelen, Watkins, Wondoloski, and Wyatt!
Also, a special shout-out to Charles Duddy in 2nd Grade & John Duddy in Pre-School! Their family has already sold 50 tickets, so Charles & John will earn ALL the student prizes, including a catered lunch from In-n-Out delivered to school!
If you would like additional tickets to sell, we have more in the School Office. Simply call the school, and we will send them home with your student(s). Keep selling!!
We appreciate your support of this important fundraiser for our school! Keep up the good work!! If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Bamieh at (805) 340-9168 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Amber McCalister at (805) 320-5911 / email@example.com.
Contents of Brown Envelope
- Parent Letter: Staff Change
- No School on Holy Thursday - School Resumes Monday, April 12, 2021
- Travel Guidelines
- Amazon Smile
- APA Board Corner Fundraiser
- Virtus Training
See’s Candy Sales: Thank you all so very much for purchasing your See’s Candy orders with our school. The school made $2950.00 from the sales!
I wish to inform you that Mr. Lopez will not be continuing as the Math/Science Teacher of our school. I wish Mr. Lopez success in his future endeavors. I ask for your prayers as we search for a new teacher who will continue our excellent academic program. Please welcome Mrs. Kurgan as our substitute teacher for Science. I will be stepping in as the Math teacher.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
As we head into the Easter Break/Spring Break traveling to visit loved ones is high on the list. For the safety of our families and our school community I am recommending the following guidelines for travel:
If you must travel, take these steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- If you are eligible, get fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Wait 2 weeks after getting your second vaccine dose to travel—it takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination.
- Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before you travel. Keep a copy of your test results with you during travel in case you are asked for them. Do NOT travel if you test positive.
- Check travel restrictions before you go.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public settings. Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who did not travel with you. It’s important to do this everywhere — both indoors and outdoors.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Bring extra supplies, such as masks and hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
New items have been added to the list. We will try to keep the list current. Thank you for your continued support
Just a friendly reminder to please wear your mask during student screening in the morning, walking in and dropping off students, and anytime you are on campus. We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe.
Please note this year CEF will not be sending out the pre-filled forms. All families need to complete the forms this year if they are planning to seek funding from CEF. Please note all appointments will be via Zoom.
This year our school is participating in the virtual processing of CEF applications. Please know you may still pick up applications in the school office and they are available to download on the school website. The Zoom Virtual Application Processing for our school is on May 13, 2021.
In order to continue to work towards streamlining the CEF Application process and in an attempt to ease some of the burdens of the process for our School partners, CEF will be implementing an Online Appointment system for the Cycle 3 Process. Through this process, it is our hope that this online appointment system will make it easier on our partner schools not just in terms of the initial sign-up of appointments but also save them time via email & text reminders for parents.
Below is a walk-through of how parents can set up their appointments with CEF via our new Online System.
- Log on to www.cefdn.org
- At the CEF Home page, on the top menu bar hover over the CONTACT US link and a drop-down menu will appear, SELECT "TAP Appointments"
- SELECT “CLICK HERE” on the "TAP Appointments" webpage (Make sure to turn off any “Pop-up Blockers”)
- SELECT “Next” on the Welcome Screen
- Choose a Location where your students will be attending (ELEMENTARY SCHOOL) and SELECT “Next"
- Choose a Time to meet with CEF Representatives and SELECT “Next”
- Enter in your information to reserve your appointment (Make sure to enter your Cell and Email in order to get text and email reminders) and SELECT “Save”
- Please fill out the Digital Application before your Appointment, DO NOT fill out a paper application if you will be submitting it through Zoom. Once you join the Zoom Meeting the CEF representative will provide you with an email address where you will email your completed application.
A reminder for parents attending the virtual application processing via Zoom: Any parents that miss the virtual application process can turn their applications in thru the school.
Office Hours: The best times to conduct school business in the office are 8:30 to 12:00, 12:40 to 2:15, and 3:00 - 3:30. Please do not come in during dismissal. We are calling students for pick-up and are unable to give you uninterrupted attention.
Axxess Books: There’s no printed book, For 2021, instead of printing on 47 tons of paper, now all merchant offers will be exclusively found on our updated website and mobile app! One membership now includes both Santa Barbara and Ventura County Merchants. You’re getting two memberships for the price of one!
Here is the website: https://axxesscard.com/fundraising/
Register for EDC~ Please contact the school for a registration packet.
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Office of Safeguard the Children
VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children and
Keeping the Promise Alive Zoom Sessions
The Office of Safeguard the Children is proud to sponsor a series of VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children Zoom Sessions during February – June 2021. These sessions are for Clergy, staff, and essential volunteers. Those whose current VIRTUS® certificate has expired and needs to take Keeping the Promise Alive or are new to their position and have never taken the Protecting God’s Children training. If you want to register for a session, please check the date you wish to attend and fill out the information below. You must also sign the “Adults Only” Agreement and return both forms to Brenda Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once Brenda receives your request, then she will email a confirmation with your Zoom session details. Note: Sessions are limited to 30 participants and are on a first-come basis.
Protecting God’s Children Sessions (All sessions are from 6 pm – 9 pm)
Keeping the Promise Alive Recertification Sessions (All sessions are from 7 pm – 8:30 pm)